/usr/local/jwmconfig2/theme_switcher

pemasu
theme_switcher with slider has been introduced before.
The woof downloads this pet:
jwmconfig2-20130129.pet. It does not have slider. Older alt+drag method is needed.
Packaged by Barry Kauler.

Would anyone else would like to have slider in theme_switcher than I ?
I had someone`s created slider included version in Upup Raring.

Yeah, I have about 35 different themes included. Quite a lot alt+dragging needed.

Re: /usr/local/jwmconfig2/theme_switcher

Karl Godt
Administrator
HaHa .. Have now downloaded http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/DpupWheezy/DpupWheezy35211/wheezy-3.5.2.11-SCSI.iso

and looked inside /root/.jwm/themes/* folder there and copied it into current running /root/.jwm/themes/ and ran jwmconfig .

Now I understand what you are talking about ..

That's an overall problem on small monitors .

To wrap a scrollbar inside I'd have to look how Sigmund does it .
Somewhere . Ziggy's Pmount probably, since I have 13 mountable partitions plus USB and  think it does vertical scrollbar .

Re: /usr/local/jwmconfig2/theme_switcher

Karl Godt
/usr/local/jwmconfigX/theme_switcher needs just :
export ICONSWITCHGUI="
<window title=\"$(gettext 'Puppy JWM Theme Switcher')\" icon-name=\"gtk-convert\"
height=\"600\" width=\"400\"

to receive scrollos :
jwm theme switcher with scrollbars

Re: /usr/local/jwmconfig2/theme_switcher

scsijon
Karl, could this be a percentage of screen instead of a fixed size?

I've been wondering/thinking for some time that maybe all screens & windows in puppy should be  in percentage of screen size,  to get around that problem with different matrix sizes and the crappy probem of resizing.

Might be a big project though for someone, but well worth it in the end, what do you think?
Sorry i've got five and that's enough for now!

Re: /usr/local/jwmconfig2/theme_switcher

01micko
Administrator
Trouble with percentage scsijon is that it would have to be applied to the font too. I have a eee-701 (you too?) and if the font were smaller it would be useless.

BK's stock partview has the problem as well. If you have 10 partitions it spills off screen @1366x768. I've added a slider and I'll get it off centre screen too, no need for that. In slacko I have a splash too for kernel/puppy version that I'll add to the gui.

Re: /usr/local/jwmconfig2/theme_switcher

Karl Godt
No keys nor clues -- Ziegenbart is the master .

That's how he does it in pmount :
writeconfig (){
	XWININFO=`xwininfo -stats -name Pmount`
	HEIGHT=`echo "$XWININFO" | grep 'Height:' | awk '{print $2}'`
	WIDTH=`echo "$XWININFO" | grep 'Width:' | awk '{print $2}'`

[ -f $HOME/.pmountrc ] && . $HOME/.pmountrc
if [ ! "$HEIGHT" ]; then
	HEIGHT=350
	WIDTH=500

I could think of HEIGHT=$(($(xwininfo -root | grep 'geometry' | pipe | further) *60 / 100)) == 60% something kinda.
Probably the shell has simpler percent  math alkorythm .

Re: /usr/local/jwmconfig2/theme_switcher

Karl Godt
" Added <hbox> and <vbox> widgets scrolling capability (example) "
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=537143#537143

<vbox scrollable=\"true\">
attribute does not work for gtkdialog3 aka 0.7.20 . GUI builds though without complaining about unsupported attribute or crash ( Puppy-4 ) .