svg and gtk3 stock-icons

zigbert
If I got it right, gtk3 does not have any stock icons ?

If so, I could code icons to look at /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/actions when I update the Puppy guis?
Today there is no icons available, but it would be a great effort to start collecting vector-images, so we in the end could get rid of the pixmaps.

What about including an existing svg-theme in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/actions or wherever most suited.

Sigmund

Re: svg and gtk3 stock-icons

Karl Godt
Administrator
Why not ?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1861382/convert-png-to-svg

PPM hangs and is frozen while just downloading imagemagick and it's five dependencies ..
:LOL:
That's why I don't like gtkdialog without forked actions .

Re: svg and gtk3 stock-icons

zigbert
During my gui updating I have added some svg-icons. I don't know if you find my extreme-tiny SVGs suitable?
If you do, I want in the long run to switch totally from xpm to svg. Size is much the same.

Ok, if you still follow, where should I place them. My proposal is
/usr/share/pixmaps/puppy/

Re: svg and gtk3 stock-icons

Karl Godt
Administrator
Yeah, sounds reasonable to me .
Since a lot of pics are in /usr/local/lib/X11 that would be another place.

/usr/share/icons/gtkdialog/svg
/usr/local/PuppyLinuxOS/pixmaps/svg

would be other places I could think of .