“snap” universal Linux package format

bigpup
Developers from multiple Linux distributions and companies today announced collaboration on the “snap” universal Linux package format,  enabling a single binary package to work perfectly and securely on any Linux desktop, server, cloud or device.
https://insights.ubuntu.com/2016/06/14/universal-snap-packages-launch-on-multiple-linux-distros/

Sure seems to be something Puppy needs to support.

Re: “snap” universal Linux package format

Mewn
Certainly is interesting. Linux should have even more Unity (see what I did there?).
meow

Re: “snap” universal Linux package format

Deke
W9l4I'll believe it when I see it (Mumble grumble)...

I can't even remember the name of the first all-distros package manager (Or maybe that was it's name), but naturally not everyone adopted it and here we are still talking about it 2 decades later, give or take a year or four.