Karl Godt
Administrator
test -f /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE && . /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE || PUPMODE=2
What do you think of this line ?

/init in initrd.gz should create a PUPSTATE file for all PUPMODEs that use initrd.gz ,
which are all PUPMODEs , except PUPMODE=2 .

If new installed, /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE ?might? not exist -- possibly could be created by puppyinstaller .

/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit creates PUPSTATE file new every boot , if no /initrd folder .

But it is *easy* to mkdir /initrd in a full install and reboot -- and rc.shutdown does not remove the PUPSTATE file ,
so should be readable second and all further boots  ..

Ideas ?

Karl Godt
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I  have set to mount /pup_new/initrd in the /init script as
mkdir -p /pup_new/initrd
mount -t ramfs initrdramfs /pup_new/initrd
as first code of the SETUP SWITCH TO MAIN FILESYSTEM after echo "Performing a switch_root ...

so it gets me an interesting mount-point in the ROX-Filer window

capture15972.png