noob problem

Corinne
Im a total noob to puppy. I seem to have a problem that im sure is simple but i cant figure out.

I ran merge2out without problem.  When I go into the directory and run 0setup I get the following error: http://pastebin.com/ASk0a8GD

I thought maybe the repos I was trying to pull from were down so I added the official mirror.slackware one to the DISTRO_COMPAT_REPOS file, but when i try to run 0setup again it gives me the same failure.

Can one of you smart dudes point me in the right direction?

Re: noob problem

scsijon
try typing woof_gui instead, youll get the gui come up and you can work
from there easier.

regards

On 09/03/2014 10:57 AM, Corinne [via woof-CE] wrote:

> Im a total noob to puppy. I seem to have a problem that im sure is simple but
> i cant figure out.
>
> I ran merge2out without problem.  When I go into the directory and run
> 0setup I get the following error: http://pastebin.com/ASk0a8GD
>
> I thought maybe the repos I was trying to pull from were down so I added the
> official mirror.slackware one to the DISTRO_COMPAT_REPOS file, but when i
> try to run 0setup again it gives me the same failure.
>
> Can one of you smart dudes point me in the right direction?

Re: noob problem

Corinne
I am getting the same errors, just now in a popup terminal window.  I must be the one doing something wrong -- I just cant figure out what.

Also, when I tried merge2out i only had the option for x86 and x86, but i get no option for x64.  Can woof-ce not build 64bit puppy -- or am I f'n up again?

Re: noob problem

mavrothal
Did you clone the git repo or downloaded the tarball or the 0.3 release?
Looks like you are in the master branch thus no x86_64
if you cloned the repo try "git checkout testing" and try again.
If you just want the current snapshot of the testing branch try
"git clone --depth 1 --branch testing https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/woof-CE.git"

Re: noob problem

Corinne
Thank you soi much for your help!
Ive no experience working with GIT before.  I downloaded the master.zip and worked from that. I did find the testing branch and so I downloaded that zip.

I am still getting the same problem though.  It -HAS- to be something I'm doing wrong.  I can connect to the repos and download the PACKAGE.TXT files, but then when I try to DL the actual packages I get that they are not found.  I think I will try to FTP a copy of the Slackware64 14.1 repo onto my machine and then try it using a local mirror.

I dont think i am skilled enough to help you dudes with coding woof, i just want to use woof. That's why i downloaded the ZIP instead of trying to learn how to use GIT via a terminal session.

Re: noob problem

Karl Godt
Administrator
Cannot help -- have only fired up the GUI until now .

Slackware 14.1 is newest version I think,
probably try a Debian or Ubuntu or Slackware 14.0 build .

Re: noob problem

Rusty
Same problem here.   Trying to make a tahr-pup, 0setup shows the following missing:

FAIL: libgphoto2-6-dev
FAIL: libmng1
FAIL: libtasn1-3
FAIL: libmpc2
FAIL: libx264-123

I notice that libgphoto2-6-dev, while not in tahr's online package listings, *is* in ubuntu's saucy packages listings; a copy resides at

mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/libg/libgphoto2/libgphoto2-6-dev_2.5.2-0ubuntu5_i386.deb

So the question is, how do I tell Woof-CE to search for (and take) libgphoto2-6-dev from mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/libg/

?

Re: noob problem

Rusty
Ah--never mind.  I downloaded the current testing version from git, and 0setup now completes without errors.

Now on to 1choosepackages...

Re: noob problem

666philb
hi rusty,

tahrpup should build pretty smoothly with the latest woof-ce-testing.

one thing i would change in DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-ubuntu-trusty is... to make it use the ubuntu repos openssl.

change
yes|openssl||exe,dev,doc,nls|pet:tahr

yes|openssl|openssl,libssl1.0.0,libssl-dev|exe,dev,doc,nls

cheers
phil