choose keyboard layout

zigbert
I am working with an upgrade of the quicksetup gui, and see that choosing keyboard layout is found both in input-wizard and quicksetup. I have made quicksetup ready for a layout-chooser-view - just as the locale/timezone choosers.

I don't see any issues around this, but I could very well be wrong

Any thoughts?
Sigmund

Re: choose keyboard layout

01micko
Administrator
Looks ok

I did a test build with no issues. I intend to release beta soon, but I'm waiting for the next in the 3.10 series kernels, should be soon.

Re: choose keyboard layout

Karl Godt
I was using Dougal's xkbconfigmanager only and after becoming tired of xorg.conf losing the settings in case it gets
created new, I made some debugging lines into his code and added the setxkbmap line to /root/.xinitrc .

XkbApplyNow :
# create the command to execute
COMMAND="setxkbmap -rules xorg -model $MODEL -layout \"$LAYOUT\" -variant \"$VARIANT\" -option \"\" -option \"$OPTIONS\" "
echo "$COMMAND" >&2

For the rules file, I have issues with my Xorg compiles 1.7.7-1.10.6 wanting a base file, so linked
bash-3.00# readlink -e /etc/X11/xkb/rules/base
/etc/X11/xkb/rules/xorg

Xorg is one of the worst code in linux world ,
just to fail when no mouse but keyboard and Xorg -configure creates crap with multiple cards where there are no multiple cards and aborts if a second card attached but no monitor connected to it nowadays .

I also have problems with the files from newer xkeyboard-config , so am using
ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/xorg/individual/data/xkeyboard-config/xkeyboard-config-1.0.tar.bz2
http://archive.debian.net/source/lenny/xkb-data-legacy