bootcnt.txt

Karl Godt
Administrator
While I was thinking of using chattr to make the /initrd folder immut?able,
I thought it could apply to /tmp/bootcnt.txt too ..

But then I thought about reverting the bootcnt.txt logic :

/root/.profile could start xwin when the file exists ( and remove it instead of creating it ) .

chattr btw is in Puppy since at least version 4.3 .

chattr -i is needed to remove syslinux file(s) on USB installs .

Does anyone know if syslinux needs its files being immutable ?

Am posting from Windows Vista right now since I have no permanent Internet connection anymore
but a 24hour pre-paid GUI interface that is available only in Windows ..