aufs continually failing to download

Jesse Schiling
I would like to start by saying I have no programming experience and minimal experience in Linux.

Having said that, I have been getting into compiling from source and I finally decided to try the woof build system because I want a more specific pup that doesn't seem to currently exist.

Anyways, the only problem I have run into is aufs not downloading. I tried switching the mirrors between the two available. No luck. I even tried the testing branch of woof ce after the master branch kept giving me the same error.

Is this a common problem? How should I go about fixing this? Will the build script recognize the aufs directory if I manually download it? And then subsequently compile it?

Feel free to direct me to a forum topic or FAQ or something somewhere if this has already been addressed. I have been hard pressed to find much help outside of the woof ce repo itself.

Re: aufs continually failing to download

scsijon
aufs is now built with the kernel. This started about 3.9.x and uses
aufs3 not aufs2, if your building a kernel it will download and build a
new matching one into the kernel then. It is no longer built externally.

The kernel build kit is in the kernel-kit directory of the
woof-CE-master that you download and it's pretty easy to follow as it
only needs one file to be configured, the rest is automated. The readme
will help you, please read it.

If you want to use an existing kernel you need to check out what aufs
(if needed) and aufs-util (MOST important) match and use them rather
than build another.