What makes a version of Puppy official?

bigpup
Barry K. stating:
"I am retiring from the central role".
"others are now taking the reins."

To me indicates someone else is going to make decisions about Puppy.

AT present or in the future, how is a Puppy version given the identity of an official version?

Seems to me the people working directly on Woof-CE should have direct control of giving a Puppy version official title and support.

Example:
Slacko64
Is Slacko64 now the official 64 bit version of Puppy?

Re: What makes a version of Puppy official?

01micko
Administrator
bigpup wrote
Barry K. stating:
"I am retiring from the central role".
"others are now taking the reins."

To me indicates someone else is going to make decisions about Puppy.
Puppy being a 'do-ocracy' .. if you do it becomes.

bigpup wrote
AT present or in the future, how is a Puppy version given the identity of an official version?
See above answer.

bigpup wrote
Seems to me the people working directly on Woof-CE should have direct control of giving a Puppy version official title and support.

Example:
Slacko64
Is Slacko64 now the official 64 bit version of Puppy?
Well, BK has not relinquished copyright or title. It is a bit of a legal mess too, licences and so on.

At the moment Slacko64 is still in alpha. No alpha version has ever been "official" to my knowledge. It is the hope that 64 bit will be supported across the board (ie upup, dpup etc) so my exploration with 64 bit slacko stands to benefit woof as a whole.

At the moment, only myself, pemasu and oldyeller (murga forum name) have produced releases from woof-CE. We hope to increase that to keep the project viable. I encourage anyone to join Woof at GitHub even if you are not a coder. There are bug reports, graphical stuff, documentation (legal stuff too) and much more to take care of.

Murga forum has been full of noise about getting stuff to go in whatever direction with little thought to logistics and practicality. Here and at the GitHub site we try to address those issues.

So feel free to get involved and drum up support!

Re: What makes a version of Puppy official?

Bigpup
Seems at present, all it takes is Barry K. to put it on this web site.
http://puppylinux.com/download/