Theme and Touchscreen

zigbert
This post was updated on .
The goal is one-click-switch between mousepointer and touchscreen. The bonus is global theming of colors and sizes. And we get a cleanup in the Desktop menu.
I want to pull smaller requests to github instead of working with one new branch. Like this, it will be easier to stop me when trying to deliver bad code.
Initial works has been done, but it has to be uploaded to github in correct order to not break existing code.
The list will be updated as new thoughts arrive (your thoughts), and I will mark items as [DONE] when uploaded.

The Roadmap
- [DONE] Move and improve (optionally, use config file for colors) gtkdialog-splash to /usr/lib/gtkdialog/box_splash. Link from /usr/bin/gtkdialog-splash.
- [DONE] Remove color setting in yaf-splash/gtkdialog-splash (-bg/-fg), and let the theme for /usr/lib/gtkdialog/box_splash handle colors.
- [DONE] Let gui-code in /usr/lib/gtkdialog/ use optional config file ($HOME/.config/ptheme/gtkdialog_active) to control color/size of button/heading/splash. pTheme uses config-files-stack in /usr/share/ptheme/gtkdialog.
- [DONE] Improve icon_switcher to support pTheme (global themes), and to not close gui after chosen icon-theme.
- [DONE] Control Jwm-sizes (menu/tray) in addition to existing color-themes inside ptheme. 01micko has already done this for Slacko 5.7
- Chtheme (gtk-switcher) doesn't work in cli, so we need switch2.
- [DONE] Write a frontend to switch2 (gtk theme switcher that works in cli).
- [DONE] give pCur a facelift.
- [DONE] Set up a default config file for theming of gui-code (/usr/lib/gtkdialog/) in /usr/share/ptheme/gtkdialog/.
- [DONE] Write pTheme - Global theme setter. Add to Desktop menu.
- [DONE] Remove Icon-switcher,  Wallpaper-setter and pCur from Desktop-menu.
- [DONE] Include template for 'scaling handgrip' to libstardust.
- [DONE] Let Woof guis (where it's logic)  take advantage of scaling handgrip.
- [NO] Move menu-height-setter from menu-manager to jwmconfig3. Make a link to jwmconfig3 in menu-manager instead. Works just fine as is, and jwmconfig3 does not require a complete rewrite
- Improve all modules of jwmconfig3. This is a major task itself.
- [DONE] Vectorize Stardust gtk theme. This makes it look good for touchscreen mode as well.
- Build a new Stardust_Touch gtk theme.
- Include default global themes - Dark/light themes for mouse and touchscreen.
- Make a trayapp to switch between global themes (mouse/touch interface).
- Rox-right-click 'Send to backgrounds' should be replaced 'Set as background'.

Re: Theme and Touchscreen

zigbert
Progress - Prototype is working
The fields marked red are those relevant for touch (size) settings.
The specific gtk-theme (touch-friendly) will give some extra kb weight.
These themes can be set from cli (ie. as a tray-app)
Not all our apps are themself built to be touch-friendly, so it will require a transit period for developers to adjust their guis.
The global-theme-icons can be whatever, and are set in the save box. The pink icon is the generic.
The' Puppy Top-layer' contains sizes and colors used in libstardust (/usr/share/gtkdialog/). Ie. the yellow heading color and icon sizes.
3 of the modules are JWM specific, and will only show up if JWM is running. Atm, pTheme is not supporting other WM's.

Re: Theme and Touchscreen

zigbert
I learned something new today - gtk-themes supports svg.
Ok, so I will vectorize the Stardust gtk theme. This makes it look good for touchscreen mode as well. We don't need 2 unique themes for mouse/touch. Well, this is not the whole truth. We need 2 gtkrc files and 2 directory structures in /usr/share/themes, but both can use the same svg images (with a symlink).

A svg based gtk-theme is also much more friendly to github as the sourcecode is right there. For png, there is always a raw layered file (huge) that we don't want to include.

Re: Theme and Touchscreen

scsijon
what about one directory with the files in and the other directory a
link instead?

On 04/03/2014 03:32 AM, zigbert [via woof-CE] wrote:

> I learned something new today - gtk-themes supports svg.
> Ok, so I will vectorize the Stardust gtk theme. This makes it look good for
> touchscreen mode as well. We don't need 2 unique themes for mouse/touch.
> Well, this is not the whole truth. We need 2 gtkrc files and 2 directory
> structures in /usr/share/themes, but both can use the same svg images (with
> a symlink).
>
> A svg based gtk-theme is also much more friendly to github as the sourcecode
> is right there. For png, there is always a raw layered file (huge) that we
> don't want to include.

Re: Theme and Touchscreen

zigbert
We need the directory to detect the specific theme, but I have included the pixmap_path definition (in gtkrc) to use only one set of image files - no links required.

Re: Theme and Touchscreen

aarf
This post was updated on .
without knowing anything or expressing any opinion, came across this

http://www.wifislax.com/

in google translate
"Wifitouch Es la Live Wifislax 4.8 adapted to touch compatible device"

torrent http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9888633/WIFISlax_4.8
size 693.76 MiB

perhaps some things or ideas can be gleaned.
dont know how far other slack variants are along this line.

what drew my attention was it has 144 seeders which is many for linux.

havent look at it myself.