Slacko64

1234

Slacko64

01micko
Administrator
This post was updated on .

This is the second alpha release of a 64 bit Puppy from woof-CE!

Get it here AU server
Get it here US server
Get it here Google servers (+ previous versions)

iso : 198M
devx : 146M
kernel source : 101M
delta from 5.8.7 to 5.8.8 : 61M

See below for changes

5.8.8
5.8.8 Changes

ADDITIONS
cddetect_quick
915-resolution
missing bins (or, and, dotquad - jamesbond)
libgphoto2_DEV (wrong paths in .la files)
sane > xsane (needs testing)
didiwiki
dict > pdict works
mhwaveedit
elspci
ddcprobe
hunspell
gcolor2
htop
fpm2
pnscan > peasyport
galculator
gexec
gmeasures
gxmessage
sfontview
pfontview
dunst (notify daemon - in /usr/sbin/mtpdevice you can change the variable
- @LINE-15 POPUP= to POPUP=1 to try it out. Seems a bit unreliable that's why its not default)
jimtcl (tclsh symlink)
usb-modeswitch
wv-dial > pupdial
e3
bacon
bacon-gui
f2fs-tools > installers
guvcview-1.7.1 (many thanks for jamesbond's gtk2 patches)
dropbear (client/server)
mptdetect (thanks to can8v,tempestuous for ground breaking work)

BUGFIXES
caps (pequlizer - works now)
homebank .desktop
sylpheed .desktop
leafpad .desktop
30 deep lib64 dirs!!! (my bad)
/etc/profile $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
pdict
urxvt rebuilt "--disable-perl"
frisbee (npierce patch for static IP)
pui (untested for usb installs in normal PUPMODE=13, you can do it manually)
firewall install script

UPDATES
jwmconfig3 updated
- new keyboard gui (SFR) and other improvements
- now you can change title bar icons (thanks to SFR for being the guinea pig)
cups_pdf (rcrsn51)
smbw_cups_backend (rcrsn51) (old smb and smbc removed)
jwm-2.2 (joewing's new stable release)
pmusic-4.2.4 (zigbert)
pburn-4.3.4 (zigbert)
Pup-Kview-1.3 (radky)
Pup-sysinfo-2.4 (radky)
getflash-1.5-1 (shinobar's patched for 64)
sfs_load-2.0-2 (shinobar)
ff-convert-1.4-1 (shinobar)
linux-3.13.1 (patched for aufs, configured for f2fs and UEFI)

DELETED
grub (all versions don't work, need to install via another pup or -
- if you know what you are doing grab the grub2 package from ibiblio or mirror)

ISSUES
grub-legacy config is still in the menu
I think YASSM is broken due to full samba

5.8.7
What it has;
-xlock > xlockmore (lock the screen)
-libosp (OpenSP) > libofx > Homebank
-getflash - flashplayer installer (patched for 64 bit - see Internet menu)
-firefox-ESR-24.2 (should update automatically - can be turned off -note: it is 5MB larger than ff-17)
-notecase
-libgphoto > gphoto2 > gphotofs - PupCamera should work now (not tested)
-leafpad
-Pup-Kview + Pup-Sysinfo
-usbutils (with usb.ids and pci.ids, full version)
-wvdial - PupDial should work (not tested)
-rp_pppoe - pppoe should work (not tested)
-jimtcl > usb-modeswitch + usb-modeswitch-data - usb 3/4G modems should work
-PuppyPhone (Psip - voip client)
-network_roxapp (patched for full samba)
-caps > alsaequal > pequalizer
-bcrypt
-xdelta
-libgtkhtml
-rubix (game)
-xinvaders3d (game)
-xsoldier (game)
other minor stuff

What it has NOT;
-sane > xsane
-planner
other stuffs

bugfixes
-hardinfo - (usbutils)
-osmo - missing contacts (libgtkhtml)
-saving changes to wallpaper and desktop (bug in /etc/rc/rc.country)
-dummy ddcprobe (wont compile in 64) this helps xorgwizad-automatic
-MPlayer - rebuilt
-ffmpeg - library locations

There are still some issues,
-inkscapelite is a problem
-couple of double/triple menu entries
-others

Enjoy!

OLDER 5.8.6
TORRENTS and DELTA files

iso (167M), devx (140M), kernel source and checksums

It was built with Slackware64-14.0 binaries and other binaries I compiled in Slackware64 (thanks slackware crew) and FatDog64 (many thanks kirk and jamesbond), as well as Slacko64. (Chicken v Egg )

Woof is uploaded to my fork. To grab it:

git clone https://github.com/01micko/woof-CE/tree/latest

5.8.6
What it has;
-geany - rebuilt
-inkscape - rebuilt
-mtpaint
-gpicview
-firefox
-sylpheed
-goffice >abiword,gnumeric
-leafpad
-urxvt
-ffmpeg >mplayer,pmusic-4.2,pburn-4.3.3,etc (note: built ffmpeg with --libdir=/usr/lib64 bur they end up in /usr/lib)
-k3.12.7
-*mm libs >gparted
-xarchive
-hardinfo (it works from gui until you hit USB, then crashes, crashes from CLI - segfault)
-full samba-4.13
-osmo-2.10
-gnome-mplayer-1.0.8
-transmission-gtk (2.6.0 --newer require gtk-3 or qt)
-pcurl-ftp
-pure-ftpd
-hiawatha -however pplog is probably broken, needs perl fix, perhaps with devx loaded it may work
-ntpdate >psync
-powerapplet_tray
-other basic stuffs

What it has NOT;
-xlockmore - it builds ok but is way to unstable - does someone want to look at this? sources are at bkhome.org/sources/alphabetical
-homebank
-flashplayer
-mpscan (built but missed)
-bcrypt
-gphoto libs
-games
-pequaliser
-notecase
-mp (we do have nano though - I think I prefer nano
-tas (screeny is there but I have ffmpeg now...)
-sane and xsane
-xdelta
-htop (busybox top is there)
-pup-kview and pup-sysinfo (oversight)
-extra boot loaders *** this certainly needs research, and hopefully Iguleder has the answer for UEFI. It's on the TODO...
-other important stuffs

bugfixes
-recompile and upgrade kernel with CONFIG_RTC_CLASS=y (and associated modules)
 Hopefully this fixes the system time issue. I did notice there is some weirdness though
-petget fix for XZ
-usb icon
-symlink gtkdialog to /usr/sbin (this is annoying as when built properly path is /usr/bin)
-/etc/profile - LD_LIBRARY_PATH was wrong, have mechanism to go into stock woof, take a look at $lsuffix

5.8.5
What it has;
-geany
-firefox
-sylpheed
-k3.12.6
-other basic stuffs

What it has NOT;
-goffice >abiword,gnumeric
-ffmpeg >mplayer,pmusic,etc
-*mm libs >gparted
-gui archive tool (xarchive), cli works fine
-other important stuffs

Issues

I know rxvt is crappy. Seems not to support UTF-8, but it does the job. It's a Slackware build. PPM works so grab another if you hate it so.. (fixed, replaced by urxvt)

Pmount seems broken, however the drive icons seem ok. I have mounted, written to, read from usb drives, seems fine. (fixed)

F2fs is not fully supported, yet.

USB installers will be broken. (syslinux issue)

System time is broken. (fixed?)

It DOES work in VirtualBox.

Wireless has not been tested though all tools are included.

It should connect over ethernet ootb

Likely a bunch more issues.

I don't want to hear "This icon doesn't work".. I know! What I want is low level issues, and if you can compile stuffs all the better, however forget building kernel modules for now.

This is for developers and power users, definitely not aimed at end users. That said, if you are a brave end user .. go for it! Just don't expect support... yet.

Have fun!!!

Re: Slacko64

JakeSFR
Well, booted from USB on AO722 and...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc

Strangely, it takes noticeable more time to boot, especially at "Recognizing media devices... optical input" and right before entering the destkop (black screen for ~20sec.).

Played only a while, but:
- sound works (after the use of Multiple-Sound-Card-Wizard, as usual)
- I was able, without any problems, to connect (SNS) with my Toshiba through WiFi and share internet connection.

First step has been done, good job!
Greetings!

Re: Slacko64

jamesbond3142
Wow, Mick !

A congratulations is in order !!! :)
Keep up the good work mate, it's good to see official 64-bit Puppy finally :)

cheers,
James

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 05:25:09 -0800 (PST)
"01micko [via woof-CE]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is the first usable build of a 64 bit Puppy from woof-CE!
>

> Get it  here <http://01micko.com/testing/5.8.5/>
>
> iso (140M), devx (91M) and checksums
>
> It was built with Slackware64-14.0 binaries and other binaries I compiled in
> Slackware64 and FatDog64, as well as Slacko64.

Re: Slacko64

jamesbond3142
SFR - the delay is probably caused because of missing radeon firmware. Get them from here (http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/radeon_ucode/), then put them to /lib/firmware/radeon.

Re: Slacko64

JakeSFR
Yeah, you're right James, thanks! Dunno exactly which one's absence was the culprit though...

Anyway, booted also on Toshiba and:
- installed x86_64 TrueCrypt & DeaDBeeF - [OK]
- installed x86_64 Flash from Adobe's site - [OK]
- installed* Viewnior, LxTerminal and mhWaveEdit from FatDog64 repo - [OK]

* @Mick: installed after adding '-i' to grep also in installpkg.sh; I see you've done it already today in pet2tgz. :)

Keep it up &
Greetings!

Re: Slacko64

peebee
Hi Mick
Boots to desktop on my HP550 laptop (intel driver)
Broadcom B43 wifi using b43 driver connects successfully using Frisbee

Touchpad not working properly - scroll not working - /usr/bin/flsynclient run from terminal gives synaptic driver error messages.

Cheers
Peter

Re: Slacko64

zigbert
JakeSFR - Mmmmm, what a music taste :)

Re: Slacko64

01micko
Head on over to ibiblio (or you fav mirror in a day or so) and grab some packages..

pet_packages-slacko6414
-gparted
-gnumeric. +goffice
-abiword, +goffice, +wv (wv is in PPM < salix)
-inkscapelite (rebuilt, wrong lib path)
-geany (rebuilt, wrong lib path)
-all the *mm libs and friends (static libs)

pet_packages-noarch
-radeon_firmware_new (from kernel git just before Christmas)

Doesn't seem like much but Rome wasn't built in a day!

Thanks everyone for the feedback.. I reckon it's looking promising.

Also fixed a couple of woof bugs, the usb icon wasn't symlinked right, and the petget XZ bug.

However there is a weird bug I have experienced, I had it once in 5.6 too. The mounted icons get broken, that is, you mount a drive and the icon doesn't change, same when you unmount, needs investigation as I fear it affects all woof builds from since when Barry changed pup_event_frontend_d to the BaCon binary. (And wasn't that a PITA to build!). I would really like to get akash_rawal (forum member) on board because his pup_volume_monitor looks really good, plus who codes in BaCon?

Re: Slacko64

smokey01
This post was updated on .
You have been a busy boy.

Looking forward to having a play.

Wow, just had a quick play in VB. A lot more apps working than expected.

Desktop, sound and eth0 all worked ootb.

Very nice so far.

Cheers

Re: Slacko64

01micko
Administrator
Cool, glad it works for you Grant.

A couple of old packages that work are at my repo, just for mucking about.

http://01micko.com/packages/ffmpeg-0.11.1-x86_64_custom-2_SBo.tgz
REQUIRES
http://01micko.com/packages/x264-20120804-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz

It's pretty much a "free" ffmpeg, not much proprietary stuff in there but it is enough to get pmusic working.

I do have a static vlc build.. tomorrow guys!

Cheers.

Re: Slacko64

JakeSFR
Ok, this time playing a little in VBox...

- Pmount seems to work fine, under the condition that there's (a link to) gtkdialog in /usr/sbin/
- installed ffmpeg+mplayer from Slackware64 through PPM - ffmpeg is older v0.11.2, but the good thing (which I miss in every Puppy) is that they're built with libmodplug, so can play chiptunes (.mod, .xm, .it and so on).
- then I noticed you've uploaded ffmpeg+x264 and yep, Pmusic (and FFConvert) works fine with it.
- Gnumeric and Gparted are ok, however Abiword is missing libwv-1.2.
- installed also LibreOffice.sfs from Lighthouse repo and it's working, too.

Very nice!

PS. Yeah Zigbert, I envy you a bit living in the kingdom of BM! \m/ :)

Greetings!

Re: Slacko64

01micko
Administrator
>- Gnumeric and Gparted are ok, however Abiword is missing libwv-1.2.

>> -abiword, +goffice, +wv (wv is in PPM < salix)

Also just added this to the gtkdialog pinstall.sh, should cover all legacy stuff except where there is calls to /usr/sbin/gtkdialog3 ...

(cd usr/sbin;ln -sf ../bin/gtkdialog gtkdialog) #legacy

Re: Slacko64

smokey01
Mick are there any kernel sources yet?

Re: Slacko64

01micko
Administrator
No, and there wont be for this version as I compiled the kernel with a different gcc.

However, I just built a fresh k3.12.7 (released only a few hours ago) which I had to patch because aufs wouldn't apply cleanly from git... It compiled without warnings (well not to do with my patch anyways!) so I hope it works.

I've a few more apps to build and bugs to fix and will release a new build soon.

Re: Slacko64

smokey01

I can wait.

Re: Slacko64

01micko
Administrator
Had to do another kernel recompile. I'm using Slackware udev (182) which allows the kernel to create the device nodes. /dev/rtc was missing, that's why the system time wasn't working. So I enabled CONFIG_RTC_CLASS=y and a bunch of modules that go with it, hopefully that fixes that.

Also guanx (slackware forum member) already reported to Junjiro (AUFS maintainer) about the bug where AUFS wouldn't apply to 3.12.7. He promptly came up with a patch for mm/fremap.c (mine was close but I'm no programmer so I'll trust Junjiro's!).

I also enabled CONFIG_EFI=y in the kernel.. dunno if it will be of any help as you need elilo or grub2 apparently to get around UEFI and secure boot on win-8x machines. Curse you MS! Both are available from slackware64/extra iirc. I don't have a UEFI machine to test so you are on your own!

Re: Slacko64

smokey01
01micko>I don't have a UEFI machine to test so you are on your own!

Unfortunately I do, so I will test it when released.

Thanks

Re: Slacko64

mavrothal
Look for Aufs' Monday release.
Should patch 3.12.7 fine according to the developer.

Re: Slacko64

mavrothal
...And is Monday is too far, here is a patch
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=31829364
as you can see there should be an issue with 3.10.27 though... ;)

Re: Slacko64

01micko
Administrator
Yep, that's the patch I have

I applied it this morning been running a few hours now, building stuffs.. glad to report time is fixed.
1234