Slacko 6.0 beta is out

01micko
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Download ibiblio.org or nluug

slacko-5.9.3.iso

Woof has been pushed.

Read about changes at Murga Puppy forum

Have fun with that

Re: Slacko 6.0 alpha is out

q5sys

Can you supply the .config for your kernel for me?  I've got a few friends that have agreed to bug test, but they are all on brand new hardware, and need at least 3.14.x or newer.
if you can hook me up with your kernel config, ill compile a newer kernel for them and have them get to work. :P

On June 17, 2014 11:02:21 PM AST, "01micko [via woof-CE]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Download 01micko.com or ibiblio.org or nluug

Woof has been pushed.

Read about changes at Murga Puppy forum

Have fun with that

http://woof-ce.26403.n7.nabble.com/Slacko-6-0-alpha-is-out-tp537.html
To start a new topic under woof-CE, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from woof-CE, click here.
NAML

Re: Slacko 6.0 alpha is out

01micko
Administrator
https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/woof-CE/tree/testing/kernel-kit/configs_extra

Check out that directory at github/Woof-CE. Choose one that has FD in the suffix. Use the latest kernel-kit from woof-CE/testing and you'll be sweet. Part of the idea of the change to fatdog style kernel is the simplicity to change kernels. I will script it at one point in the not too distant future.

Re: Slacko 6.0 alpha is out

01micko
Administrator
beta is ready for testing.

Re: Slacko 6.0 alpha is out

aarf
591 and 592 also. MANUAL FRUGAL to /mnt/sdb1/slacko592 so want save file/folder on sdb1 but get
ie fails to see sb1 or any sda into choices
sdb1 is ext3

Re: Slacko 6.0 alpha is out

aarf
This post was updated on .
593
mirrored http://01micko.com/testing/slacko-591/
into
http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/aarf/puppylinux/slacko-591/

downloads should be faster from there

better with the small delta.

(small delta 592_593 gives correct md5sum for 593)

torrent: need to do save content as on
http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/aarf/puppylinux/slacko-591/Puppy_Linux_slacko-593_archive_slacko-beta2_23-June-2014.torrent
then open in transmission and select what you want out of the archive torrent.
torrent is webseeded down from both meownplanet and 01micko.com

when ally updates it, torrent and mirror for https://ia600909.us.archive.org/25/items/Puppy_Linux_Slacko/
could prove faster

Re: Slacko 6.0 alpha is out

01micko
Administrator
Thanks aarf

Man.. yesterday I pulled it over to ibiblio in 20 sec, ~10M/s, today 25K/s.. 90+ mins

Re: Slacko 6.0 alpha is out

aarf
This post was updated on .
593
save file same as above. so copied the slacko593 folder instead to sda6  and proceeded as normal sdb wasnt offered but sda6 was, chose folder as was default and on reboot had to me what looked like an ordinary pupsave.
anyhow everything i use is working as normal.
reboot after boot manager load of a few sfs preserved previous icon modifications. the loaded sfs java and others worked as far as i can see.
firewall needed to be manually started after frisbee connected

edit:slackosave looks like a ordinary save file by the icon by when clicked acts like an ordinary folder ie no mount dialog,