Problem with initrd/lib/keymaps/*

JakeSFR
Continuation of https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/woof-CE/commit/9129db9a46a7f09bba58a73cc949ac2614a14c83

So far I fixed pl.gz, which now properly recognizes PL diacritics in VT.
Any info if this is the right track and if other files should be treated similarily is welcomed.

Greetings!

Re: Problem with initrd/lib/keymaps/*

JakeSFR
This post was updated on .
If anyone would like to test/compare, I attached all /lib/keymaps/* files converted using loadkeys -b -u -q
Couldn't find sk.map though, so used sk-latin1.map instead.

keymaps_converted.tbz2

Instructions:
0. Download and unpack the attachment (to /root).
1. Switch to VT-x (CTRL+ALT+2 or 3) and login.
2. Load proper console font, e.g. for pl or ru it's:
zcat /lib/consolefonts/LatGrkCyr-8x16.psfu.gz | loadfont
3. Load old keymap, e.g. ru:
zcat /lib/keymaps/ru.gz | loadkmap
Try to type some characters using AltGr+q w e r t y ...
Nothing...
4. Load new keymap:
zcat /root/keymaps_converted/ru.gz | loadkmap
Now you'll get cyrillic chars displayed (AltGr!).

Tried some of them and pl, de, fr, ru seem to be ok, but strangely can't get gr.gz to work - no matter which font is loaded, none of Greek chars gets displayed...

Greetings!

Re: Problem with initrd/lib/keymaps/*

mavrothal
I belive the kernel does not have greek support even as a module.

Re: Problem with initrd/lib/keymaps/*

JakeSFR
I got it - it was a matter of LAlt+LShift to switch between Greek <-> Latin charsets.

However if you use pkeys=gr, the proper font won't be loaded, unless plang=gr is specified instead (see init).

Greetings!