PPM download only option. also ability to choose where to download

PPM download only option. also ability to choose where to download

bigpup
Anyone want to take this on?

In PPM if you choose to only download a package it downloads to /root

Would be a great feature if it would let you choose the download location.

It has been discussed  here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=92522

MochiMoppel has something he says will work, but has not told use yet.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=810221#810221

Re: PPM download only option. also ability to choose where to download

mavrothal
I have introduced several changes that give the option to download on any file you want and also to keep the pets you download (may be useful for dependencies). See
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=810684#810684
However I think that PPM is way too hacky and this makes it even hacky'er.
So I'm very reluctant  to push any of this in woof even when/if it passes some extensive testing.
Any thoughts?

Re: PPM download only option. also ability to choose where to download

ASRI
I note that the project is progressing rapidly (Uploaded v5).
This is excellent!
Regards,
Projet ASRI ├ęducation => Association | Forum | Deposit

Re: PPM download only option. also ability to choose where to download

mavrothal
I think you are referring to a different PPM project :>
The one in the above thread regards the ability to define download folder for the pets and keep pets you install if you want. Is already in version 9 sometime now pretty much done.

The one in version 5 is the addition of the ability to download or install or remove multiple packages simultaneously and not one at the time, the way PPM does it. ie add the packages you want to an install/remove window tell if you want to install or just download and walk away!
Give it try, is pretty 'mature' and needs testers ;)
Is here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=812413#812413

Re: PPM download only option. also ability to choose where to download

ASRI
Hello mavrothal,
You are right, I  am referring to a different PPM project
Sorry.
Projet ASRI ├ęducation => Association | Forum | Deposit