PDE

12

Re: PDE

zigbert

Re: PDE

B.K. Johnson
I raised the issue of sombre colours in slacko-5.7 and devivatives for PartView and Pmount in the puppy forum here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=794943#794943
It was suggested that I continue the conversaation here.  From a cursory look here, my comment in the forum seems quite appropos here too in some of your mock-ups, Ziggy.  Black on grey  is a problem for failing eyes unless the black is bold.  That's all for now.

Re: PDE

scsijon
There is also the groups of 'colour stream pairs' used for eye testing
that have problem effects if put together.

I wonder if there is any way of filtering out these being applied.

Something along the lines of if colour1=x then notcolour2= or...

After all, this is usually only setup once, so surely there is some way
to trap and control it.

regards

On 08/18/2014 05:24 AM, B.K. Johnson [via woof-CE] wrote:

> I raised the issue of sombre colours in slacko-5.7 and devivatives for
> PartView and Pmount in the puppy forum here:
> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=794943#794943
> It was suggested that I continue the conversaation here.  From a cursory
> look here, my comment in the forum seems quite appropos here too in some of
> your mock-ups, Ziggy.  Black on grey  is a problem for failing eyes unless
> the black is bold.  That's all for now.

Re: PDE

zigbert
B.K. Johnson
When it comes to colors, I have just made some basic themes of my liking.
The goal with pTheme is to give theme-makers (that means everyone) a tool to dress up Puppy to whatever. That is why I have made the extended global theme packs here as examples/templates

For pmount and partview in particular, the colors of the bars is controlled by the 'Puppy top-layer' theme-modul - see pTheme. The color-schemes are set in /usr/share/ptheme/gtkdialog/

Re: PDE

zigbert
mavrothal mentioned here that personal tray settings were lost at once you chose a global theme.
I have now given more flesh to the tray managing and allowed saving/loading of personal tray setups.

This has also made me move the tray-templates from the pTheme to the jwm_config pack.

Re: PDE

zigbert
When clicking on JWM clock in the tray, it will now open the new time app (instead of minixcal) as default.
This can be changed in the tray manager.

Re: PDE

Bert
This is like a second life for JWM, now ready for the 21th century !

I'm impressed.

Fantastic work, zigbert. Thanks a lot.

Re: PDE

zigbert
Wouldn't it be logic to wake up pWidgets from the dead?
- just above 200kb, and plenty of fun.

Re: PDE

zigbert
It had to come - pWidgets integrated into pTheme

Re: PDE

ASRI
zigbert wrote
It had to come - pWidgets integrated into pTheme
Good idea!
Projet ASRI éducation => Association | Forum | Deposit

Re: PDE

zigbert
A tiny desktop-icon manager.
Just some playing to see that it installs ok, and I will upload a new version this weekend.

We still miss the last theme module - pup_event icons, but that one seems to be a bit more tricky.

There is of course a lot more polishing that _could_ have been done, but I want it out for further testing.

Re: PDE

zigbert
Ok, done

Get it here

Re: PDE

ASRI
Hello zigbert,

I use a modified version of Puppy 5.7.1 Precise based on a very recent version of woof-ce (20150523).

At the first boot with liveUSB (pupmode = 5), the command 'pdesktop' not working. By adding the folder /root/.jwm/tmp, everything is ok.

Regards