Fonts in Woof

iguleder
Hi,

I wrote a script which builds DejaVu LGC fonts, pretty much the same way Barry did, except the fact this process is automated. Now, having the old versions in rootfs-skeleton is pointless.

What do you think - should we kick the fonts out of Woof and put them as an upgradeable PET under "noarch"? The whole package is 1.8 MB and Woof contains only a small subset of these fonts.

Dima

Re: Fonts in Woof

01micko
Administrator
Since a connection is needed to build woof, it shouldn't be difficult to build the package with your script as part of the woof process. What do you think?

Re: Fonts in Woof

Karl Godt
Is it the X11 fonts in
woof-code/rootfs-skeleton/usr/share/X11/fonts/misc

or the ??? fonts in
woof-code/rootfs-skeleton/usr/share/fonts/default

? Or both ?

I think that less binary content is OK .

Re: Fonts in Woof

Iguleder
I'm talking about both the TTF and the X11 fonts.  Building them with Woof is not the way to go, because the building process relies on some packages.

Re: Fonts in Woof

01micko
Administrator
Iguleder wrote
I'm talking about both the TTF and the X11 fonts.  Building them with Woof is not the way to go, because the building process relies on some packages.
So I guess the script is at lazyux repo?

Re: Fonts in Woof

Iguleder
Yep. I'll make PETs when I get home, next week.

Re: Fonts in Woof

iguleder
Uploaded a fonts package - ftp://dimakrasner.com/fonts/. These fonts should work just fine in any woof-CE build.