Change name/content of bootmanager

zigbert
Mick has built the brand new wmstartups which controls the apps loaded at startup.

I suggest we link this inside the bootmanager, and change the name to Startup manager (not the executable). I see this more newbie friendly, and logical in our goal to clean up the menus.

Re: Change name/content of bootmanager

01micko
Administrator
zigbert wrote
Mick has built the brand new wmstartups which controls the apps loaded at startup.

I suggest we link this inside the bootmanager, and change the name to Startup manager (not the executable). I see this more newbie friendly, and logical in our goal to clean up the menus.
+1

Re: Change name/content of bootmanager

mavrothal
Looks good :)

Re: Change name/content of bootmanager

Karl Godt
Hmm, I'll not comment on GUI things, but have two internal feature suggestions :

1) One Intel machine, NO kernel from 2.6.30 up to 3.9.9 does load i915.ko automatically . Xorg then modprobes i915 :

bash-3.00# strings `which Xorg` | grep mod
/proc/sys/kernel/modprobe
/sbin/modprobe
modprobe

Without proper entry in some i915.conf I would need to run bootmanager to put i915 to the ADDLIST incl modeset=1 parameter if
CONFIG_DRM_I810=m
CONFIG_DRM_I915=m
# CONFIG_DRM_I915_KMS is not set
doing modesetting by default .

Old Xorg-1.3.0 does not like modesetting very much for i915 but
Xorg since at least 1.7 does not work without modesetting for intel_drv.so in my observations .
.

Problem then is that bootmanager filters out already loaded modules when X is up .
When I reload the i915 kernel object at the prompt, I am not able to tell bootmanager that I want it to handle i915, because it is already loaded .

#*

2) Deprecate SKIPLIST in /etc/rc.d/MODULESCONFIG and use a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf file thats been altered by bootmanager for the

MODULES=`/sbin/modprobe --config /tmp/pup_event_modprobe.conf --show-depends $MODALIAS 2>$ERR | rev | cut -f 1 -d '/' | rev | cut -f 1 -d '.'`

lines in /sbin/pup_event_backend_modprobe .

.