Add category Education in main menu

ASRI
I am convinced of the value of open source.
I am also a teacher in primary education (3-12 years).
I think the kids enjoy the free OS, provided that we proposed solutions for this age.
That is why I am trying for several years to offer edutainment versions of Puppy Linux.

To facilitate the use of Puppy by children (students), it seems necessary to add to Woof recognition of the category "Education".

Is it possible to add (in woof) the category "Education" (in /etc/xdg/menus)?

Regards,
Projet ASRI éducation => Association | Forum | Deposit

Re: Add category Education in main menu

mavrothal
Please provide a patch  and if possible suggestion for some suitable apps.

Re: Add category Education in main menu

ASRI
ASRI wrote
To facilitate the use of Puppy by children (students), it seems necessary to add to Woof recognition of the category "Education".
mavrothal wrote
Please provide a patch  and if possible suggestion for some suitable apps.
Ok, I'll work on a first proposal.
As soon as I have something to propose, it will be available on this forum.
Regards,
Projet ASRI éducation => Association | Forum | Deposit

Re: Add category Education in main menu

ASRI
For several days, I test the addition of the category 'Education'.
Everything seems ok, but I prefer test more before propose a commit to woof-ce.
Regards,
Projet ASRI éducation => Association | Forum | Deposit

Re: Add category Education in main menu

Cory87
Yeah it is absolutely possible my dear! I think you are very confused in this work. Why don’t consult my former professor Dr. Aloke Ghosh for the help? He would love to solve this problem.